Saturday, Nov. 24, 2018
4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Fireworks at 6:45 p.m.
Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets, Bossier City & Riverview Park, Shreveport
Rockets Over the Red Fireworks Festival will take place on both sides of the Red River at Riverview Park in downtown Shreveport and Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets in Bossier City.
On the Shreveport side at Riverview Park, there will be Christmas music by local choirs, local children’s performances, food and dessert trucks, Santa Claus, a face painter, bounce houses and fun activities for the whole family. You won’t want to miss the festival-style fun!
The Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets is Louisiana’s original and largest outdoor lifestyle center. Visitors can eat, shop and play at the many restaurants and eateries, retail shops, movie theater, casino, and hotels. There will be live music, Santa Claus and snow. The kiddos will love Build-A-Bear and Island Fun Arcade. There is ample free parking for visitors. To learn more about the Boardwalk, visit the website www.louisianaboardwalk.com.
601 Clyde Fant Pkwy.,
Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets
540 Boardwalk Blvd.,
Bossier City, Louisiana
- Free admission and a free gift for the first 500 children on both sides of the river.
- Bounce houses for kids will be offered by Warrior Network on a donation-only basis. Warrior Network will also be selling hot and cold beverages as a fundraiser benefiting local troops.
- Official event hashtag: #RocketsOverTheRed
Riverview Park in Shreveport
- Photos with Santa will begin at 4 p.m. near the Christmas tree – bring your own camera!
- Food truck vendors will be Miguelito Burrito, Wonderstick, Garcon du Bayou, Johnny’s Pizza and Fair Food by Tracy Duck.
- Live entertainment will include the Shreveport Metropolitan Concert Band and Sweet Nae & The Christmas Belles.
- Traffic advisory: Prepare for the closure of Clyde Fant Parkway during the event. The street is expected to be closed beginning at 3:30 p.m.
- Metered parking in downtown Shreveport is free on the weekends and after 5 p.m. daily. Parking will also be available
- There will be an on-site ATM machine.
- A double-elimination cornhole bag toss tournament called Candy Canes & Cornhole will begin at 3 p.m. behind Shreveport Aquarium. Advance registration is available here; registration fee is $20 per team. There will be prizes for first, second, third, and best dressed holiday-themed outfit. Candy Canes & Cornhole is sponsored by the Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission. Click here to register your team!
|4:45 p.m.||Twirlers in Motion|
|5 p.m.||Welcome by Shreveport Mayor Ollie Tyler|
|5:10 p.m.||Shreveport Metropolitan Concert Band|
|5:45 p.m.||Willie Jones|
|6 p.m.||Sweet Nay & the Christmas Belles|
|6:35 p.m.||Lance Thomas|
Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets in Bossier City
The Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets is Louisiana’s original and largest outdoor lifestyle center. Visitors can eat, shop and play at the many restaurants and eateries, retail shops, movie theater, casino, and hotels. The kiddos will love Build-A-Bear and Island Fun Arcade, and the adults will have the opportunity to shop Black Friday deals at participating stores. Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets provides ample free parking for visitors. To learn more about the Boardwalk, visit the website www.louisianaboardwalk.com.
- Photos with Santa will be taken near the Christmas tree. Santa’s arrival time is TBA– bring your own camera!
- The stage will be located in the picnic area by Cheesecake Bistro (near the fountains).
- Live music will be provided by Red River Pipes & Drums and BPCC Jazz Band.
- Festival-goers can bring blankets and lawn chairs.
|4:05 p.m.||Red River Pipes & Drums|
|4:30 p.m.||Westwood Junior Leadership Team|
|4:45 p.m.||Bossier Parish Talented Arts Program|
|5:10 p.m.||Welcome by Stacy Brown, President of the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist|
|5:12 p.m.||Bill McFadden/Boardwalk|
|5:15 p.m.||Westwood Junior Leadership Team|
|5:40 p.m.||BPCC Jazz Band|