Saturday, Nov. 30, 2019
4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets, Bossier City & Riverview Park, Shreveport
Rockets Over the Red Fireworks Festival will take place on both sides of the Red River at Riverview Park in downtown Shreveport and Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets in Bossier City. Both viewing areas will feature the largest outdoor Christmas trees in the region and an amazing fireworks show.
On the Shreveport side at Riverview Park, there will be festival-style holiday fun! Street parking in downtown Shreveport is available on weekends and after 5 p.m. on weekdays.
The Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets is Louisiana’s original and largest outdoor lifestyle center. Visitors can eat, shop and play at the many restaurants and eateries, retail shops, movie theater, casino, and hotels. The kiddos will love Build-A-Bear and Island Fun Arcade. There is ample free parking for visitors. To learn more about the Boardwalk, visit the website www.louisianaboardwalk.com.
601 Clyde Fant Pkwy.,
Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets
540 Boardwalk Blvd.,
Bossier City, Louisiana
- Admission to Rockets Over the Red is free on both sides of the Red River.
- Free photos with Santa will be available at Riverview Park and Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets. Bring your own camera!
- The first 500 children that arrive to each side of the Red River will receive a free gift!
- There will be a Kid’s Zone by Bayou Bounce at both locations that children ages 12 and under can enjoy! The Kid’s Zone will include an obstacle course, slide, and a bounce house. Unlimited jump wristbands are $10 per child.
- Come to Riverview Park to have your picture taken with the Coca-Cola Polar Bear and the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck, courtesy of Shreveport Coca-Cola. Elves will be passing out free samples while supplies lasts. Bring your own camera!
Riverview Park in Shreveport
|2 p.m.||Outdoor Movie Screening of “Elf,” brought to you by Shreveport Public Assembly and Recreation|
|4-4:45 p.m.||The Syndicate|
|5-5:45 p.m.||Lance Thompson|
|6-6:45 p.m.||Tipsey the Band|
|7 p.m.||Christmas Tree Lighting & Fireworks Show|
Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets in Bossier City
|4-4:30 p.m.||Bossier Parish Talented Arts Jazz Band|
|5:30-5:50 p.m.||Magnolia Mae|
|5:50-6 p.m.||Christmas Tree Lighting by Bossier City Mayor Lo Walker|
|6-6:30 p.m.||Magnolia Mae|
|7 p.m.||Fireworks Show|
|7:30-8:30 p.m.||Magnolia Mae|
Jingle Bell Bus Info
New for 2019, Rockets Over the Red Fireworks Festival attendees will have the option to ride the Jingle Bell Bus, a SporTran bus that will circulate continuously between downtown Shreveport, Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets, and the East Bank District. The Jingle Bell Bus will run, 2-9 p.m., on Nov. 30.
Riders can take the Jingle Bell Bus to explore the many holiday festivities happening in Downtown Shreveport and the East Bank District on Nov. 30 including:
- Rockets Over the Red Fireworks Festival at Riverview Park and Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets
- The shops and restaurants participating in Small Business Saturday in Downtown Shreveport
- Sno-Port at Sci-Port Discovery Center
- FriendsWithYou Rainbow City at Caddo Common Park
- Le Marche de Noel at Shreveport Aquarium
- Golf Cart Parade and Shop Small Market in the East Bank District
The Jingle Bell Bus is made possible by the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau, the Downtown Development Authority, the City of Shreveport, Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets, the East Bank District, and SporTran.
The bus will run from 2-9 p.m. and will continuously circulate approximately every 20 minutes.
Jingle Bell Bus One-Way Ticket Prices:
Tickets can be purchased on the bus. Exact change in cash only.
Children: $0.60 for children
Free for children under 37 inches
Jingle Bell Bus Stops:
- Festival Plaza in Shreveport- Commerce Street at Crockett Street
- Red River District in Shreveport – Commerce Street at Texas Street
- Commerce Street at Caddo Street in Shreveport
- Rockets Over the Red Fireworks Festival and Shreveport Aquarium in Shreveport – Milam Street at Clyde Fant Parkway
- Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets in Bossier City – Near the entrance by Regal Louisiana Boardwalk & IMAX
- East Bank District in Bossier City – Ogilvie Street, between Ruston Street and Minden Street
The bus stops will be marked along the route.